Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Clarification to Booting Language

Due to concerns expressed by numerous parties, I have been told by Sen Whitmire's office in the next session of the Legislature,  a cleanup bill will be filed to cleanup the current language regarding the booting language having to be on the same sign for towing. I have disagreed the moment I read what was published by the State.  My previous writings regarding this language is based on the law says now. The Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation will publish a new rule that clarifies that "booting" must follow the same guidelines as towing.

It's my hope, that within this cleanup bill, the Legislature will approve of increasing the criminal penalty for violating Occupation Code 2308.401 & 402, to a Felony offense.

Other than this language issue regarding booting, the other changes in HB2571 are fully in effect and these alone should keep any law enforcement agency busy..